Master of Criminal Justice and Criminology Application Process
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the requirements outlined below that applicants for graduate study at SDSU submit scores for the GRE are suspended for the Spring and Fall 2021 admissions cycles.
View and download the Graduate Applicant Guide.
Steps to Apply
- Apply to the University via Cal State Apply (before March 1, 2021).
- An SDSU RED ID Number will then be assigned which allows tracking of application status online.
- Send transcripts to Graduate Admissions (before April 1, 2021).
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Send to:
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7416
- Visit Interfolio Apply Now and look for our department (Public Affairs) where you will upload the following (before April 1, 2021):
- Upload Letters of Recommendation (two letters from professors, employers, or other familiar with your abilities and accomplishments).
- Unofficial Transcripts.
- Current Résumé.
- Personal Statement: In a 500-word essay, please discuss your background and general interest. Describe your reasons for choosing the Master of Criminal Justice and Criminology major, and include your professional aspirations and any special area of interest in criminal justice and criminology.
For assistance with Interfolio, please call their help desk at 877-997-8807.
International applicants are welcome and should visit this site for more direction on submitting your applications. https://admissions.sdsu.edu/international/graduate/apply
For more information:
Dr. Paul Kaplan