Master of Criminal Justice and Criminology Application Process
View and download the Graduate Applicant Guide.
Steps to Apply
- Apply to the University via Cal State Apply (before March 1, 2022).
- An SDSU RED ID Number will then be assigned which allows tracking of application status online.
- Send transcripts to Graduate Admissions (before April 1, 2022).
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Send to:
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7416
- Visit Interfolio Apply Now and look for our department (Public Affairs) where you will upload the following (before April 1, 2022):
- Three letters of recommendation (two letters from professors who can speak to your academic record and likelihood for graduate school success, and one letter from an employer or others familiar with your non-academic abilities and accomplishments).
- Unofficial Transcripts.
- Current Résumé (it should include information about your academic work, professional, and volunteer work history and/or community service)
- Personal Statement: In no more than 1000 words, please describe:
- Your personal commitment to public service and social equity
- Any personal experiences that have prepared you for graduate study
- Any important information you think would help the committee better understand your academic performance or personal history
- Professional Statement: In no more than 500 words, please describe:
- Your professional goals and how you believe the MPA degree will contribute to these goals
- Writing Sample (professional work document, school paper, or another document that exemplifies your writing skills)
For assistance with Interfolio, please call their help desk at 877-997-8807.
International applicants are welcome and should visit this site for more direction on submitting your applications. https://admissions.sdsu.edu/international/graduate/apply
For more information:
Dr. Paul Kaplan