Master of Public Administration
Our society has become more and more dependent on the work of government and non-profit organizations. This sector continues to grow, as does the demand for well-trained, capable, and ethical public administrators. The Master of Public Administration program at SDSU’s School of Public Affairs is structured around meeting this need through the pursuit of five Degree Learning Outcomes:
- Lead and manage in public governance
- Participate in and contribute to the policy process
- Analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions
- Articulate and apply a public service perspective
- Communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry
The MPA degree is offered both in person and online.
MPA students can specialize in Criminal Justice or City Planning or develop their own specialization (in consultation with the program coordinator). We also offer a joint graduate degree with Latin American Studies.
The MPA program is accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration. (NASPAA)
SDSU’s MPA program develops innovative leaders who champion public service values including diversity, equity, ethics, and accountability, to support the well-being of communities through educational opportunities within and outside the classroom in a multicultural binational region.
For more information:
Dr. Joshua Chanin
Office: AH 4120