Students on campusIn order to apply to the University, you will need to fill out an application through the Office of Admissions. To view their site please contact the CSU Online Application for Admissions.

View the SDSU online catalog of courses and announcements here.

View the SDSU online class schedule here.

View copies of COURSE SYLLABI here.


If you are planning to enroll in a Special Study course (CP 796, 797, 798; CJ 499, 796, 797, 798; or PA 499, 796, 797, 798) you must complete the Special Study Authorization Contractform completed and signed by your faculty member/instructor, the School’s Director, and you prior to enrolling in any of these classes.

Arrange to meet with the faculty member/instructor and determine the description and title of your project as well as the specific due date(s). To obtain a schedule number, bring this completed form with all required signatures to PSFA 101A or leave it in the student Drop-Box located in the PA Center Lobby (PSFA 100). Your schedule number will be e-mailed to the e-mail address provided on this form. This form by itself is NOT a valid registration for the course. Registration is to be completed by the student via WebPortal, using the schedule number provided by the department.

This contract constitutes an agreement reached between a faculty member and a student regarding a directed study course and the actual project or assignment to be performed, number of hours required, and due dates of any projects/assignments/written material.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do I need to be a declared major in order to take CJ or PA upper division classes?
A:  Yes, upper division CJ and PA classes are only open to declared majors (except for CJ 300, which can be taken prior to being a declared upper division major). Upper division courses include all 300 level and above.

Q: Can I take CJ and PA upper division classes as a declared CJ or PA premajor?
A:  No, major classes are only offered to declared CJ and PA majors.

Q: Can I start taking classes needed to complete my CJ or PA major if I am not yet a declared major?
A:  Yes, both major advising guide lists several classes from other departments which can be taken as electives toward your CJ or PA major.  Review the Advising Guide for a detailed listing.

Q: Is there and advantage to declaring the CJ or PA premajor early than my junior year?
A:  By declaring the premajor, you will be under the catalog year in which you declare the premajor.  If requirements change for declaring the major, you will not be affected.